Want to find the perfect pet for you? A website that works like a dating app could help. PawsLikeMe helps match aspiring pet owners to their ideal cats and dogs. They match humans to furry friends based on compatibility using a personality quiz, just like some dating apps.
Here’s how it works:
- People fill out a pet match quiz, which PawsLikeMe says is a “3-minute smart survey” with questions related to energy, confidence, focus and independence. The quiz assesses personality, lifestyle and home as it relates to pet parenting and adoptable pets are given their own personality profile.
- The answers are used for the pet-matching process.
- An algorithm tailors results to match people with their ideal pet. The results include a description of your “ideal pet” to help people know what to look for in their next animal companion.
- PawsLikeMe provides a “matching pets list” so users can find cats and dogs in nearby shelters and rescue centers who are in need of homes.
- The pets list is automatically ranked based on the overall match score. Users can search through the list and refine it using filters for preferences like age, size and breed.
According to the PawsLikeMe Facebook page, more than a million people have been matched to shelter animals and users rate their pet-matching service as “over 95% accurate.”