We've all heard the tragic stories about women who get into an Uber or other ride service alone and are assaulted or, worse, never make it home. As the weather warms up and the pandemic ends, we’ll all (hopefully) start going out more and more. Here are a few things to keep in mind before going out, especially if you plan to use a ride service:
- Keep your phone fully charged - You’ll need it to call for help if there’s a problem.
- Confirm the driver’s identity before getting in the car - Wait for them to say your name instead of just assuming it’s them because the car looks the same as described.
- Check whether the car handles are engaged - While the door is open and before you have crawled inside, make sure there are no child safety features engaged that might keep you locked in.
- Ladies, keep a pair of flats in your bag - And also a can of pepper spray or another type of protective tool.
- Trust your instincts - If any part of you feels alarmed, walk away and cancel the ride. The cancellation fee is worth your well being.
SOURCE: Defense Ninjas