Life's hard enough, so when someone puts together a list of amazing life hacks, we pay attention. Here are five you might not know about...
- Put onions in the freezer for ten minutes before you chop them - They're less likely to make you cry that way, because it takes longer for the juices to release the chemical gas that makes you tear up.
- Use a cheese grater for hard butter, especially if you're baking - It softens up a lot faster that way. And you don't have to risk liquefying it in the microwave.
- Use nail polish remover to get permanent marker off your skin - That one might come in handy if you have kids...or if you pass out at a college party.
- Use Windex to get a ring off your finger - Someone who worked at a jewelry store said it works great. It's because Windex has compounds called "surfactants" that lower surface tension.
- You can use chips as kindling if you need to start a fire - Corn chips, potato chips, and even Doritos work. They're flammable because of all the fat and oil. And they burn slowly, which is good.