A recent BuzzFeed poll looked at how good we are at "adulting." It listed a bunch of things you SHOULD know how to do as an adult, and asked readers whether or not they can do them.
Other than numbers 8 and 9, I cover the rest of the list. Let's see if you're better at adulting than most people...
- Can you swallow a pill fairly easily? - 91% said they can.
- Can you neatly wrap a gift? - 87% said yes.
- Do you know how to write a check? - 76% know how. Which isn't bad. But 20 years ago, it would have been 100%.
- Could you sew a button back on? - 73% of people claim they could do it.
- Can you fold a fitted sheet? - 61% said yes.
- Do you regularly have the oil in your car changed? - 59% said yes.
- Can you kill a spider without screaming? - 59% also said yes to that one.
- Do you always put your laundry away right after it's dry? - Only 39% of us do.
- Do you make your bed every morning? - 34% said yes.
- Can you change a flat tire? - Only 28% of us feel confident we could do it.