Living somewhat close to family is good. Especially when you need a free babysitter. But TOO close can be a problem. Especially if it's your parents.
A new survey asked 2,000 Americans if they'd want to live within walking distance of their parents...and 57% said NO WAY. Here are five more stats from the survey:
- What's the ideal distance? The most popular answer was a 15 to 45-minute drive. That's close enough to see them whenever you want...but far enough away that they can't pop in all the time.
- 38% said living within five minutes of their parents or in-laws would stress them out.
- 37% of people wouldn't want ANY of their family members to live close enough to drop by unannounced.
- The top family members we WOULD want to live close to are our siblings. Or if you're old enough, your adult children. Parents were third, followed by our in-laws, and a spouse's sibling.
- 52% of people in the poll said they'd freak out if they had to take a road trip with their parents and the radio was broken.