According to a recent survey, money is NOT one of the top ten keys to happiness. At least not directly.
Spending quality time with your family was chosen as the #1 key to happiness. To be fair though, it's a lot easier to make time when you've got plenty of money in the bank. Here are the top ten keys to happiness, according to the study:
- Spending quality time with your family
- Having time to yourself
- Spending time with friends
- Being outdoors more
- Sleeping well
- Indulging in your favorite hobby
- Delicious food, especially if it's good for you
- Continuing to learn and discover new things
- Eating healthy
So the top three are all about having more free time. The survey also found 20% of us spend less than 30 minutes a day on things that truly make us happy.