Very interesting... Here are five weird things that can make you feel less stressed:
- Washing the dishes - A 2014 study found that people who practiced being mindful while washing dishes . . . like by smelling the soap and feeling the water temperature . . . felt more inspired and less nervous after they were done.
- De-cluttering your home - Research suggests that having a cluttered house can cause increased levels of the stress hormone cortisol throughout the day.
- Sniffing your partner's laundry - A study last year in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology found that just smelling your significant other's clothes can make you feel calmer.
- Exercising in a group - According to a study in the Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, exercising with a group reduced stress about 25% better than working out alone.
- Dwelling on your failures - In a study last year, researchers found that writing about previous failures helped people to be less stressed when they encountered another difficult situation later on.