If you're thinking some extra cash every month sounds nice, a side hustle (side business) could be the perfect solution! But who wants to spend their extra time making only a couple bucks? Not me.
Here are some steps to help successfully nail down your side hustle:
- Come up with an idea – You want whatever your selling to have a target audience and a unique voice and style.
- Build your online presence – If it’s not on the Internet, no one’s going to see it.
- Be opportunistic – Take advantage of the times you feel most creative. They don’t come very often.
- Get organized! – If you’re really going to make this a side hustle, you need all of your ducks in a row.
- Get smart with finances – Find people who have done it successfully before you go dropping major cash on resources.
- Tap into your professional network – Use connections you already have to grow your business.
- Plan for success – You want to have short-term AND long-term goals.
- Be honest with your employer – The last thing you want to do is burn a bridge by having your boss think you’re abandoning them.
The last step to all of this is to just take whatever idea you have and run with it. You’ll never know if something’s going to work out until you try!