College isn't for everyone. Some people feel the pressure to enroll right after high school, end up not finishing and leave without a degree with a ton of debt.
While it’s no secret people with a college degree tend to make more money in the job market than those without one, that doesn’t mean there aren’t good jobs out there for those who didn't spend thousands on an education.
A new CareerBuilder report has just came out with a list of the best jobs out there for people without a college degree and many of them pay quite a bit of money. In addition to no degree, all jobs on the list pay $20 an hour or more, have grown over the past five years, and are projected to grow even more over the next five years.
The job on the list with the biggest take home pay is an electrician, which earns an average of $26.33 an hour. As for what you need to become an electrician, all that’s required is a high school diploma and an apprenticeship. Plumbers, pipe fitters and steamfitters have similar requirements, and they bring in an average $25.76 an hour.
Top Jobs That Don’t Require A College Degree
- Plumbers, pipe fitters and steamfitters
- Computer user support specialists
- Industrial machinery mechanics
- Surgical technologists
- Heating, air conditioning and refrigeration mechanics and installers
- Chefs and head cooks
- Fitness trainers and aerobics instructors
- Medical records and health information technicians
- Self-enrichment education teachers
Source: Business Journals