We’ve all been there. We defrost some chicken or beef or pork but don’t get to cook it right away and end up in front of the fridge smelling it trying to decide whether it’s still safe enough to cook and eat. While you don't want to waste food, getting food poisoning isn't worth the risk.
- Raw Poultry – As long as your fridge is 40 degrees Fahrenheit or colder, that raw chicken will last a day or two in the fridge, and up to a year in the freezer. If the chicken is cooked, it will last a few days longer in the fridge, and two to six months in the freezer
- Red Meat and Pork – Both can stay good up to five days in the fridge, and four to 12 months in the freezer. If the meats are cooked, they’ll last three to four days in the fridge, and two to six months in the freezer.
- Ground Meats – Only one or two days in the fridge, three to four months in the freezer.
- Lunchmeats and hot dogs – About two weeks unopened in the fridge, although they should be eaten within three to five days after opening. Frozen they last one to two months.
- Bacon and sausage – Bacon lasts up to a week in the fridge, although raw sausage only lasts about two days. Frozen they both can last for a month, although some sausages last even longer.
- Deli salads – These should never be frozen, but they do last about three to five days in the fridge.
Source: Fox News
For dads, a meal that says “I love you” is all about a great cut of meat and feel-good carbs (well, at least for my dad it is!). This #fathersday, I’m making his favorite cut of steak, @wholefoods Animal Welfare Rated Boneless Ribeye. Simply season with salt and pepper and butter baste w garlic and herbs on a hot grill pan or simply on a barbecue. I like to dress it up with a compound butter. Here, I mixed blue cheese with organic unsalted butter. On the side, grill up some asparagus and a sweet potato with the works. An ice-cold beer for my papa assures it all goes down easily. Click the #linkinbio for more on this Father’s Day menu. #sponsored #steak #makesmewhole #antonixwholefoods 📸@jkrietemeyer