According to a new survey, here are 10 practical things people over the age of 55 are much more likely to know than millennials:
- How to read a clock with minute and hour hands - 90% of older people are very confident doing it. Only 61% of millennials are.
- How many feet are in a yard? - 90% of older people were confident it's three feet, compared to just 21% of millennials.
- How to iron a shirt - 86% of older people compared to 52% of millennials.
- How to sew on a button - 84% to 41%.
- Multiplying two LOW numbers in your head - 79% compared to 41% of millennials.
- How to use the index in the back of a book - 77% compared to 35%.
- Spelling most words without a spellchecker - 72% compared to 39% of millennials.
- How to set a table properly - 70% to 39%.
- How to garden without killing all the plants - 66% to 22%.
- How long you can wait before fresh foods need to be thrown out - 63% of older adults say they know, compared to just 28% of millennials.
SOURCE: Daily Mail