Your career can affect how much sleep you get. New research shows which jobs are getting the least shut-eye.
A new survey from Hillarys, a retailer in the UK, asked 4,596 Britons about their sleep habits. Which career gets the least amount of sleep? Healthcare professionals do with an average of four hours and 15 minutes a night. On the flip side, workers with jobs in the hair and beauty industry get twice that amount, with an average of nine hours and 40 minutes.
People who work in these industries were found to get the least amount of sleep:
- Healthcare – 4 hours 15 minutes
- Law enforcement – 4 hours 30 minutes
- Teaching – 4 hours 35 minutes
- Journalists – 4 hours 50 minutes
- Hospitality – 5 hours
But those who work in these fields are getting the most sleep:
- Hair and beauty – 9 hours 40 minutes
- Telemarketers – 8 hours 45 minutes
- Insurance – 8 hours 20 minutes
- Retail – 8 hours 15 minutes
- Construction – 8 hours 10 minutes