Photo: Getty Images
When I was younger, I believed that my mom's engagement ring was like a crystal ball and that was how she always knew when I was doing something bad. Now I realized when I got older that was not the case obviously, but it made me have a great appreciation for this list Buzzfeed put together of ridiculous things people believed as kids. Check out some of my favorites below! Click here to read more.
- "I thought old and young versions of movie characters were played by the same actor, and they just waited until the actor grew up to finish making the movie."
- "I thought the Gushers commercials where their heads turned into a fruit were real, so I wouldn't eat them until I was in my teens."
- "I thought clowns were a race of people. I was obviously wrong."
- "I thought the satellite dish kept the aliens away."
- "I thought there were little people in the radio who lived there and played the music for me."
- "My grandpa told me his dentures were donated teeth from people who died."
- "My dad's birthday is 4th of July so for the longest time I thought our town lit fireworks for him."
- "My parents told me that the hazards switch in the car was actually an eject button for bad kids."
- "My sister told me the mannequins in the mall were dead people that no one collected from the morgue."
- "When I was a little I thought a 'dead end' meant that's where people dumped dead bodies."
- "My parents made me believe it was illegal to have the interior lights of the car on at night while driving."
- "I thought that people who died in movies actually died — like part of getting the job meant you had to be willing to get killed, too."