Guess what...Mark Wahlberg, of all people, is now the highest paid actor in the world. And let's be honest, NO ONE saw this coming 25 years ago...even at the height of Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch hysteria. That's a very young Mark Wahlberg and a very young Chris Carmichael back in 1990 in that picture!!
Mark is #1 on the annual Forbes list of 'The Highest Paid Actors'...after he raked in $68 million over the past year. That includes his paychecks from movies like Daddy's Home 2 and Transformers: The Last Knight...as well as his A&E reality show Wahlburgers, and his AT&T ads.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is a close second with $65 million. He was #1 last year...and Robert Downey, Jr. was #1 the three years before that, but he fell to #6 on this year's list.
Here's the Top 10:
- Mark Wahlberg, $68 million
- The Rock, $65 million
- Vin Diesel, $54.5 million
- Adam Sandler, $50.5 million
- Jackie Chan, $49 million...mostly from the Chinese box office.
- Robert Downey, Jr., $48 million
- Tom Cruise, $43 million
- Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, $38 million
- Bollywood actor Salman Khan, $37 million
- Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar, $35.5 million