Here are six possible reasons mosquitoes like you more than other people...
- You produce more carbon dioxide. Pregnant women produce more of it when they breathe, so do people who are overweight. A study in 2009 found it attracts more mosquitoes for some reason.
- You run hot. A study two years ago found they're attracted to people with higher body temperatures. Which could be caused by a fever, or just being out in the sun.
- You have type-O blood. A study in 2004 found it attracts more mosquitoes than other blood types. Some of us also secrete a chemical that TELLS mosquitoes what our blood type is. And if you do, they like you more.
- You have a certain microbial make-up that mosquitoes love. Meaning the bacteria on your skin. Everyone's is different, and mosquitoes like some more than others.
- You're a big drinker. A study in 2002 found mosquitoes were much more attracted to people after they drank beer. Even just one beer was enough to do it.
- You're just not being careful. If you're out camping and you're the only one without bug repellent on, then obviously you're a prime target. So be careful, especially when you're around lakes, rivers, and other bodies of water.