There’s an enormous amount of research suggesting that emotional intelligence (EQ) is critical to your performance at work. TalentSmart has tested the EQ of more than a million people and found that it explains 58% of success in all types of jobs.
Here are the key attributes of genuine people. Let's see how we stack up...
- Genuine people don’t try to make people like them.
- They don’t pass judgment.
- They forge their own paths.
- They are generous.
- They treat EVERYONE with respect.
- They aren’t motivated by material things.
- They are trustworthy.
- They are thick-skinned.
- They put away their phones.
- They aren’t driven by ego.
- They aren’t hypocrites.
- They don’t brag.
Now THAT'S a list to aspire to!
SOURCE: Huffington Post