Britain suffered another terrorist attack this weekend . . . but ARIANA GRANDE still went ahead with her "One Love Manchester" benefit yesterday, and it was a huge success. Here are five highlights:
- Ariana performed "Don't Dream It's Over" with Miley Cyrus, and then told the crowd, quote, "I want to thank you so much for coming together, and being so lovely . . . I think that the kind of love, the unity that you're displaying is the medicine that the world really needs right now. So, I want to thank you for being just that."
- Justin Bieber performed his song "Cold Water" . . . and afterward he said, quote, "Fight evil with good, fight evil with love . . . don't fight evil with more evil." He even started crying while talking to the crowd.
- Liam Gallagher from Oasis performed "Live Forever" with some help from Coldplay. And Chris Martin also sang Oasis's "Don't Look Back in Anger" with Ariana.
- Marcus Mumford started the show by performing "Timshel".
- Ariana closed it out by singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".
The British Red Cross confirmed that over $12 million has been raised for the 'We Love Manchester Emergency Fund' so far, with $3 million coming during the three-hour benefit through text and online donations.