Sorry, this is not a --- Welcome to your long Memorial Day --- post. BUT it is worth reading...
Here is Everything You Are At Risk Of Contracting!
Cryptosporidium or Crypto: The diarrhea-causing parasite can infect people in pools and water parks, spreading when someone swallows water contaminated with the feces of a sick person. [ICK] Crypto is more resistant to chlorine than your average bug
E. Coli & Hepatitis: These are also transmitted from fecal matter that others then swallow in the pool
Swimmers Ear: Swimmers Ear occur when bacteria get inside your ear and start overgrowing, causing painful skin swelling
Lice: You can actually get lice from infected public swimming pools, though your chances are reduced if you have your hair up in a ponytail or bun. Otherwise your hair is essentially mopping up the pool to pick up lice.
Here is How To Prevent Yourself From Contracting These!
- Avoid swallowing water
- Try to keep your ears dry
- Try to keep your hair up in a bun or ponytail
- DO NOT go swimming if you have an open wound
- DO NOT go swimming if you have diarrhea
- Make sure the public pool you’re going to is visibly well maintained and operated — you should be able to smell the chlorine
- When you’re done swimming, shower and rinse off all excess chlorine and chemicals