The worst things people have gotten from their boss instead of a raise. Talk about making you feel LESS appreciated...
According to a new survey, 66% of us would leave our job if we didn't feel appreciated. That's up 15% from five years ago. More money is the number one way we WANT to be rewarded. More vacation days was a close second.
Here are the ten WORST things people said they've gotten instead of a raise.
- An expired gift certificate.
- A large carving of a polar bear.
- A foam tombstone. (???)
- A golden key to an executive bathroom that didn't exist.
- A small, custom-made statue that looked like the employee.
- A plaque that had a spelling error on it.
- Fresh meat from a hunting trip.
- A jacket that wasn't even close to the right size.
- Coupons for the grocery store.